“It is not enough that I am the title character. It is not enough that I am given liberty to change the staging, and effectively co-direct the play. If I cannot control everything from the set, to the lighting, to the costumes, to the score, to the goddamn script, I’m going to throw a temper tantrum and quit your stupid play. And even if you do give me complete control of the entire production, including what everybody gets paid, you had all better properly kiss my butt on command or I will still quit! And I will then play the race card and the gender card”
- Although Tonya Pinkins did not utter the above quotation in public, many of us who have tried to work with her professionally and privately can imagine this is what she would like to say, but perhaps not so politely.
- On December 30, 2015 Tonya Pinkins abruptly quit her title role in “Mother Courage and Her Children,” a major off Broadway production scheduled to open at Classic Stage Company on January 7, 2015.
Her selfish act left the entire production, and all those working on it in limbo while a replacement is sought. Ms. Pinkins provides a bizarre narrative to explain her selfish behavior, claiming racism and sexism.
- Ms. Pinkins has a long history of being virtually impossible to work with.
- Tonya Pinkins is a control freak, and simply will not collaborate on projects where she does not call all of the shots. She is always the “victim,” and never takes responsibility for her decisions.
- Tonya Pinkins lost custody of her two sons in a bitter custody dispute in the 1990’s and did not pay child support.
- Tonya Pinkins also lost custody of a daughter in 2011, but again will claims it was all a conspiracy to destroy her.
- Tonya Pinkins has been bankrupt twice despite a career most actors can only dream of.
- Tonya Pinkins has fraudulently received public assistance while gainfully employed as a Broadway star. She simply leaves a wake of chaos and destruction in her path, with no regard to others. “It’s all about Tonya.”
- Tonya Pinkins, as a public figure and actress voluntarily involves herself with her bizarre and brazen opinions and conspiracy theories that are clearly the acts of a cowardly, desperate narcissistic bully. She maliciously, viciously, shamelessly speaks out about a deceased human being that she had never met. She is entirely fixated, hungry and desperate for publicity and lurks in the shadows attempting to opinionate, condemn and pontificate regarding the death of Brandon Lincoln Woodard on December 10, 2012.
Your Mother, Your Father, Stepfathers, Brother, Sisters, Two Children, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Godparents, extended family and a multitude of friends, all of whom will always Love and Cherish our wonderful memories of Brandon's LIFE and will miss him forever.
- The following links relate to TONYA PINKINS disparaging and bizarre conspiracy theories regarding the death of BRANON LINCOLN WOODARD, a person that she has never met: